Graduate Audio Programmer
The audio team at Codemasters is delighted to offer a rare career opportunity for a talented audio programmer to join our award-winning squad. We’re looking for people with a strong passion for coding and a real appreciation for the detail and complexity that builds an immersive depth through in-game audio experience.
We’re open-minded on how much experience you bring to this role because we’re looking for talent, ideas and capability alongside a quality-centric approach where there is no ceiling on excellence
Working from a high-bar specification you will source, create, process & implement AAA quality sound effects to ambitious project specifications. With good knowledge of WWise and tools, at least some game-engine integration experience will be key in ensuring you can handle the scope of technical complexity in this environment. You won’t be short of challenge, and as well as delivering to spec we also give you freedom to identify opportunities for new innovation, bringing your own ideas for creative and technical audio solutions.
This is not just any project but a best in class game in the racing genre with leading bespoke audio tools at your disposal. Our 30 year history and exceptional length of tenure mean that you will get to work with some of the greatest sound engineers in the business.
* Designing and developing audio systems & architecture.
* Supporting the audio tech across multiple platforms
* Liaise with Designers to ensure that designs are fully fleshed out and understood by all parties
Please note, this is an Audio Programmer role (not an Audio Designer), you will need to have Programming experience especially in C++
* Fluent C++
* Experience in Audio Engineering
* A good degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or audio engineering.
* Experience using version control software
* Experience using WWise
* Knowledge of DSP programming
* Knowledge of Granular Synthesis
* Experience of development on console and PC platforms
* Good industry track record, such as previously published products